Catamaran and Monohulls
various summer months
Paid by yacht owner
Qualification level required (or equivalent)
· Licensed US Coast Guard Captain, Yachtmaster or equivalent experience.
· Comfort operating a yacht over 45 feet from standard operations to sail training.
· Small boat handling skills as staff regularly operate RIBs and small boats with 6hp to 50hp outboards.
· Able to confidently anchor in tight anchorages and maneuver in tight harbors under power.
· Understanding of basic yacht and diesel engine maintenance.
· Experience in multi-day sailing trips/deliveries/chartering.
· Experience working with teens or young adults required; experience teaching sailing to youth ideal.
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students.
· Physically fit and able to participate in outdoor activities such as hiking, snorkeling, etc.