This sailing opportunity expired on 31/01/2023. You may want to take a look at our current sailing opportunities instead.
Starting in Canary islands from 15 -19.01.2023
Paid by crew
Gran Canaria, Spain
St. Thomas, USVI (Caribbean Sea)
Qualification level required (or equivalent)
Looking for healthy, energetic and sociable people to join as crew for a sailing cruise across the Atlantic Ocean.
What we offer:
1. Certified Tidal Mile Building - use these miles towards gaining your Yacht Master Certificate. If you do all legs you can build a minimum of 4500 miles.
2. Training with a certified RYA Cruising Instructor which includes:
- health and safety training
- engine maintenance training
- sail techniques
- basic meteorology
3. Atlantic Cruising experience
4. Boat preparation for Atlantic Crusing
What we expect from you:
- being respectful towards the skipper and members of the crew
- having a "can do" attitude and willingness to learn
- daily shifts (3 hours by night, 3 hours by day) - where you will have to keep watch, insure the boat maintains a safe course while the others rest
- contributing, in shifts, to activities such as: cleaning boat, cooking
- helping the skipper and crew with boat maintenance